Proper Insurance for Property Rehab


If you are currently rehabbing or planning on rehabbing a property, make sure to take out a builders risk policy with theft and vandalism at replacement cost.

Builder’s risk insurance is a special designation of property insurance which indemnifies against damage to buildings while they are under construction. These policies protect a person’s or organization’s insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment being used in the construction or renovation of a building or structure should those items sustain physical loss or damage from a covered cause. Buildings are subject to many different risks while under construction. They may catch fire, be damaged by extreme winds, or fall victim to other forces of nature. Buildings may be vandalized or stolen from. These events can stall or even kill your project timeline and budget. A builder’s risk insurance policy indemnifies against some of these losses and we at Field’s can work quickly to make sure your project keeps moving and the insurance company covers your loss.

Don’t know if you have the right coverage? Give us a call and we can walk you through it, no charge.

Fields is a family company and that is how we treat our clients. Be safe, be well.